Bedford, NS, Canada
At Innovasea our focus is on creating the next generation of products and services to support responsible seafood production around the world. It’s an ambitious goal and one that keeps us motivated to develop, deliver and support great new solutions for our customers.
About the Opportunity
Working with us, you will be part of the Aquaculture Instrumentation team developing innovative water monitoring solutions for the aquaculture industry. As a multidisciplinary team, we design complete solutions; including physical underwater sensors, unique underwater wireless telemetry systems and web-based software hosted in the cloud, that delivers real time monitoring solutions for our customers. Given this dynamic environment, there’s always a diverse amount of interesting activities occurring in this fast-paced industry. All of our designs are driven by a strong understanding of our customers requirements, built upon delivering a high-quality system with proactive customer service and support. We’re looking for someone who likes to be challenged. This is a great opportunity to join a growing team tackling big problems.
• Participate in application development and marketing projects, including the design and execution of experiments, data analysis, and associated documentation and report generation.
• Collaborate with Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success to understand commercial needs and identify gaps.
• Create new application development projects which add commercial value to our customers.
• Initiate and manage collaborations with customers for the development of new applications and associated scientific and marketing materials.
• Highlight work through Application Notes, webinars, white papers, presentations and posters at strategic scientific conferences.
• Limited travel (10 – 20%) to participate in scientific conferences and meet with collaborators, as needed.
• An advanced degree (MSc preferred) in Marine Biology/Oceanography/Aquaculture with a focus on coastal water quality monitoring.
• Experience in water quality monitoring sensors and best methods for deployment, calibration and data processing.
• Data analysis expertise. (Matlab, R, python)
• Experience with customer support is considered highly desirable.
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to balance multiple projects.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• High level of self-motivation with a collaborative personality.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including free parking and onsite gym facilities. We also offer flexible work options, employee engagement events and career development opportunities.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.